i know it’s already like mid-summer and this is a SPRING haul but HUSH. i keep procrastinating this post but oh well, better late than never. after my last haul, i decided to keep note of every book acquired since then (which was mid-april) and the list is kinda really overwhelming. so these are (almost) all the books i got in the spring.
books purchased or traded
i tried not to buy toooooo many books because i know 1) there is literally NO SPACE and 2) there are way too many books i own but have not read. that being said, most of these were personal favorites i already read and have been meaning to buy OR really anticipated new releases i pre-ordered. and even so, i got over ten books SIGH.
- SECOND CHANCE SUMMER, by morgan matson // my MM collection is finally complete! also this was the only MM book i hadn’t read at the time; i finished it a few weeks ago
- THE WRATH AND THE DAWN, by renee ahdieh // i originally had a copy, gifted it for christmas, and got another one because TR&TD was releasing (and also because i love TW&TD)
- THE ROSE AND THE DAGGER, by renee ahdieh // book two of TW&TD + one of my most anticipated releases of 2016
- THE UNEXPECTED EVERYTHING, by morgan matson // one of my FAVES EVER. i dug up my target gift cards from christmas when i found out about the ~special target edition~
- A COURT OF MIST AND FURY, by sarah j maas // also bought because of the ~special target edition~ and because ACOMAF
- SHUFFLE, REPEAT, by jen klein // i read the synopsis a few months back and was like neeeeeed
- TRIALS OF APOLLO, by rick riordan // i saw the costco edition while shopping with my mom and was like, “omg special poster omg cheaper than amazon YES PLEASE”
- HAMILTON: THE REVOLUTION, by lin-manuel miranda and jeremy mccarter // i actually didn’t pre-order this and instead bought it on amazon on the release date and had to wait and extra three weeks because it was out of stock. the regrets were real.
- SUMMER DAYS AND SUMMER NIGHTS, by stephanie perkins // i’m reading this with bibliophile academy & this UK edition will match my copy of the other stephanie perkins anthology. whoooo!
- THE MANIFESTO OF HOW TO BE INTERESTING, by holly bourne // this has been on my wish list since i read hazel’s review a year ago and when i saw it was on sale on TBD i couldn’t pass up
- THE GALLAGHER GIRLS SERIES (10th anniversary editions), by ally carter // when i saw the covers and found out about the *BONUS CONTENT*, i knew this was the excuse i’ve been waiting three years for. i finally have a matching set of one of my favorite series ever. :’-))
i also traded for a copy of WOLF BY WOLF, by ryan graudin. i’ve heard great things about this one and it sounds so interesting (world war two AU? YASS.) i was going to read it immediately, but i think i’ll wait until the second book comes out.
books from publishers & other companies
i got a lot of unexpected packages from publishers these past few months. there was this one week in which i got a package almost every single day which is CRAZY. thank you thank you thank you to everyone who sent me something!
haul the epic titles from this epic company! there are SO many books on this list i’m excited to read (especially THIS SAVAGE SONG, MY LADY JANE, TRUE LETTERS FROM A FICTIONAL LIFE….. and it continues endlessly). thank you, harper!
- THIS SAVAGE SONG, by victoria schwab (ARC + HC)
- IVORY AND BONE, by julie eshbaugh
- MY LADY JANE, by cynthia hand, brodi ashton, and jodie meadows
- RED VELVET CRUSH, by christina meredith
- WE WERE NEVER HERE, by jennifer gilmore
- MEET ME HERE, by bryan bliss
- DOWN WITH THE SHINE, by kate karyus quinn
- UNPLUGGED, by donna freitas
- WHAT HAPPENS NOW, by jennifer castle
- THE FEMALE OF THE SPECIES, by mindy mcginnis
- TRUE LETTERS FROM A FICTIONAL LIFE, by kenneth logan
- UNRIVALED, by alyson noel
- HOW IT FEELS TO FLY, by kathryn holmes
- DREAMOLOGY, by lucy keating
- SING, by vivi greene
- QUEEN OF HEARTS, by colleen oakes
- WINNING, by lara deloza
- SHINY BROKEN THINGS, by sona charaipotra and dhonielle clayton
simon and schuster
simon and schuster (including simon teen, atria books, and simon pulse) is one of my favorite publishing companies because they’ve release a lot of books i love. thank you for these!!
- THE UNEXPECTED EVERYTHING, by morgan matson (ARC + HC) (yes, i now have three copies of this book. no, i don’t have any regrets) (shout out to NANNA for getting my HC copy signed!)
- THE MUSEUM OF HEARTBREAK, by meg ledger (this came in a super cute box with some other goods as well~)
- 26 KISSES, by anna michels
- IT ENDS WITH US, by colleen hoover (i am SO pumped to read this)
- THE LAKE HOUSE, by kate morton
- ONE TRUE LOVES, by taylor jenkins reid
- CURE FOR THE COMMON UNIVERSE, by christian mckay heidicker (sounds so interesting omg)
- UP IN FLAMES, by abbi glines
macmillan (including fierce reads, st. martin’s press, and flatiron books) sent me a few very (very very) exciting books, so THANK YOUUU.
- THE LOVELY RECKLESS, by kami garcia
- HEARTLESS, by marisaa meyer (i hear wailing in the streets) (that’s me, in case you didn’t realize)
- LITERARY STARBUCKS, by jill poskanzer, wilson josephson, nora katz, and harry bliss
- YOU KNOW ME WELL, by david levithan and nina lacour
- AMERICAN GIRLS, by alison umminger
- CARAVAL, by stephanie garber (excitement is too real)
bloomsbury sent me books from a lot of different genres with a lot of beautiful covers. *heart eyes* thank you, bloomsbury!
- THE BRICKS THAT BUILT THE HOUSE, by kate tempest
- THE MIME ORDER, by samantha shannon
- WHISPER TO ME, by nick lake
- BREAK ME LIKE A PROMISE, by tiffany schmidt
- THE LONG GAME, by jennifer lynn barnes
- THE WATCHMAKER OF FILIGREE STREET, by natasha pulley
- THE LEAVING, by tara altebrando
- BURNING, by danielle rollins
penguin, scholastic, disney hyperion, quirk books and litjoy crate
thanks to bibliophile academy, penguin sent me a copy of FURTHERMORE, by tahereh mafi! *squeals* i love tahereh’s other books so i’m looking forward to reading this one. penguin also sent me EVERY FRENCHMAN HAS ONE, by olivia de havilland, in honor of her birthday. it’s a super cute and small book so hopefully i’ll get a chance to finish it before the summer ends.
i was so surprised (and ECSTATIC) when scholastic sent me P.S. I LIKE YOU, by kasie west because it was one of my ~most anticipated releases of 2016~. a cute pen-pal-ish romance by kasie west? SOLDDDDDD.
i also received CRESSWELL PLOT, by eliza wass from disney-hyperion and LAST CALL AT THE NIGHTSHADE LOUNGE, by paul krueger from quirk books. litjoy crate also sent me their monthly box which included REBEL OF THE SAND, by alwyn hamilton as well as a bunch of other goods. i really liked their selection of items so if you’re interested in getting a bookish subscription box, i’d definitely recommend this one. thank you to all the companies who sent me stuff!