april was a busy month filled with blogging! i wanted to focus more on my blog, but in turn, i didn’t read as many books as i would’ve liked (only two????). i tried keeping up my blog posts and squeeze out all the creative juices, and i must say, it was a bit stressful. i have no idea how some bloggers manage to write up a post (or two or three) in one day. i know some of them schedule things ahead of time, but if you schedule, you’d still need to write up like, ten posts in one day to make up for the week. :////
i’m (kinda) caught up on school! which makes me very proud because i actually managed to be productive and finish a few classes. all i have is two(?) more. i also continued exercising with kayla itsines’ bbg. i was fairly unmotivated and moody towards the end of the month, but i think i’m ready to get back at it. i also contacted publishers for arcs! i just sent one yesterday, and i’m feeling more brave. (channeling my inner dauntless) i’d say it was a fairly successful month.
books i read:
- currently reading:
the walls around us, by nova ren suma; the life-changing magic of tidying up, by marie kondo (confession: i actually haven’t been reading these past few days/weeks because i’ve been in a strange mood. also my tbr pile is seriously piling up.)
other happenings on the blog:
- obsessed over acai bowls
- sent a letter to my ya self
- shared by favorite verses and celebrated easter
- confessed my guilty pleasure for prep school dramas
- compared the us and uk cover of the perks of being a wallflower
- took part in the taylor swift book tag (lots of singing was involved)
- shared some photos of the anna and the french kiss series
- shared my top ten favorite inspiring quotes from books
- talked about critical reviews and my thoughts on them
- took part of the epic reads tag, which included tea with john green
- shared my top six favorite authors
- began a new feature and shared my week
- compared the us hardcover, us paperback, and uk hardcover covers of landline
- gave five tips for finding inspiration
- fangirled over the passenger cover reveal
this past month, i found out i could stream 8tracks and soundcloud on my phone without using any data!!! (THANK YOU T-MOBILE.) this was a very big change for me because it meant i could ~finally~ listen to more music. when i’m at home, i usually blog or do schoolwork and i don’t like listening to songs with words while reading/writing. i find it harder to focus, so i end up listening to instrumental versions or covers of pop songs. but now, i can actually listen to music that i can actually sing to. but recently, i’ve been listening to korean-indie songs and i can’t speak korean so um, that fails.
i started watching gossip girl at the beginning of the month, but it ended up failing after about five or six episodes. i was really interested at first because it reminded me of one of my favorite korean dramas, the heirs, but it got repetitive and slow. i started thinking about watching all six seasons and it suddenly felt too long for me. i picked up a korean drama i left off, my love from another star, after i stopped watching gossip girl and i’m OBSESSED. my sister is absolutely obsessed with this drama and i trust her judgement. i realized that i’m not a huge fan of watching things and i’d usually prefer reading things instead. i keep starting shows and stopping after two or three episodes (echm the 100). *sigh* unless, you know, it’s absolutely amazing and i watch it for 24 hours nonstop. i don’t think there’s an in between.
quote of the month:
“I don’t care how many people watch or read something I make. I care how many people love what I make.” – John Green
foresights for may
first things first:
i’m actually really excited for may! near the end of the month, i’ll be competing at showstopper dance competition with a bunch of my good friends. i’ve been competing at showstopper for about three years now and i always have a lot of fun there. i really like showstopper because there are hardly any people there, so it feels more like a performance instead of a ‘scary’ competition. there are a lot of jazz dancers who compete at showstopper, but since i dance ballet, it’s mostly kids from our studio.
goals for this month:
- keep doing kayla itsines’ bbg; after i finish, restart from week one
- hopefully pass the permit exam so i can finally DRIVEEE
- focus on ballet and dance; recover from my injured hip *cries*
- finish alg. ii part a.; work on french ii and chemistry part b.
- continue blogging <3
- move to wp self-hosted!! 😀
what are your plans for the next month?