two posts in a row?! who is she???!!
every time i sit down to write a blog post this past year, i feel like it always starts like this: i can’t remember the last time i wrote a post but… YEAH. it’s almost as if i don’t know HOW to blog anymore. but seriously, how does one blog? it’s a wild phenomenon.
i’ve been so out of touch that i forgot how to write; i forgot how to brainstorm and let words spill out of my fingertips; i forgot how to interact with other bloggers and comment on people’s posts; i think… i forgot how to be a blogger. BUT. since the new year started, i’ve been feeling a strong sense of renewal. and i’m determined(!!!!) to get back into the swing of things. (i feel like i always say this, and always somehow fail.)
it starts, as most things do, with a makeover. *insert confetti* if you’ve visited the blog lately, you miiiiiight’ve noticed the new do. that’s right, i got a new theme! it was super last minute. there were a few glitches and problems with the old one and i was always SO FRUSTRATED with the ginks. i went on a search, found this one, decided to switch, and spent three hours re-customizing. now, it feels like i’m announcing to the world:
commiting to a new theme feels like a promise to the world wide web, and to myself, that i!! will!!! blog!!! this!! year!!! also, a rebranding makes me somehow more motivated?? i’m remembering what it’s like to stay up late, working on your internet things, feeling so accomplished at the end, and not realizing hours have passed. (although my body is certainly feeling it now; i’ve aged.)
but i’m not reaaaaally here to talk about the looming of my imminent death. i want to talk about BLOG GOALS. (no, not blogs you admire like #bloggoals but goals for my blogging year DUH)
- publish a blog post AT LEAST every two weeks. every week, if you can.
- this feels like a reasonable goal considering last year it was closer to every two months than anything else
- follow and comment on other blogger’s posts
- use feedly regularly!!! give blogger love!!!! find more bloggers!!!!
- write more discussions
- my favorite posts are always the review + discussions i wrote for books, although they took FOREVER to put together
- along these lines, write more reviews in general
- create a blogging schedule
- create a designated time in my schedule that is for blogging
- split it up into brainstorming, planning, writing, cross-publishing, etc etc etc
- bring back monthly wrap-ups and other former things i loved
- former things i love include: love letters, tags (those were SO FUN), and other things
i think that’s a solid list. i meant to make a full new year’s resolutions post or youtube video, but i ended up procrastinating, drowning in my responsibilities, and doing nothing. such fun. :—-) this will suffice.
in addition, i wanted to share a new shop feature on the blog!
now, you can buy books or other goods from twirling pages through a curated shop. these are all affiliate links (aka i make a small commission) and you ultimately buy the thing on the other site, but it’s nice to have all my loves and recs in one place. 💓 it’s a work in progress, so bear with me. also, i still have my own store in which you can get some bookish merch.
so yeah, that’s all i wanted to say.
thank you for sticking around. whether you started reading my posts today or three years ago, i’m really glad i have this space to share ideas, create friendships, and so much more. i feel like i don’t say this often enough (and definitely not these past few months), but thank you thank you thank you.