PEOPLES I’M GETTING CAUGHT UP ON MY RECAPS. slowly, but surely. i’m currently in a coffee shop and cramming all this. I GOT THIS. anyway, enjoy week 4 of my adventures! excuse the lack of pictures, i mentioned earlier that my phone camera is being wonky.
saturday, july 11
this morning i took class at steps again! (shocker.) i wanted to give fabrice herrault another chance because last time was simply a crowded class. to my delight, there were much less people and the class was great! i’m excited to take his next class. 🙂
after class, evelyn and i ate sushi for lunch and explored the upper west side. we were going to move into her new apartment this weekend, so it’s nice figuring out what’s around us. while there, we saw this super aesthetic and beautiful store called paper source. we spent around an hour or so exploring it’s contents. i ended up buying some pens, a planner, metallic temporary tattoos, and more!
later in the day, i went to the yumiko store to buy a white leotard. visiting the store made me feel really nostalgic because three years ago, i was actually working there! although my mini-unofficial job lasted for two days, i grew really familiar with the area and how things ran. when i arrived, it was nearly closing time and the place was packed. i quickly grabbed what i wanted to buy and tried to get out as soon as possible – partially because of the amount of people, and mostly because it was incredibly hot and there was no air conditioner. (as you can see, i despise two things: heat and crowds/people. please don’t take things personally if i insult you while i’m in these two conditions.) it was also a bummer because yumiko is very close to times square. if you ever want to visit new york, here’s my advice to you: avoid times square at all costs. i hate it because it has everything i despise (see: above sentences, duh).
when we came back, we had dinner at parm, which is also near evelyn’s new apartment. i was really excited to move into her new place, except building all the furniture and the actual ‘moving’ part is annoying and a bit awful. we also explored bed, bath, and beyond for new apartment necessities. fun, but also kinda not.
sunday, july 12
in the morning, we had brunch at sarabeth’s. eating there made me feel like i was living in gossip girl, and it was kinda awesome. we each ordered an eggs benedict, but i had a salmon one while evelyn had the original. it was delicious! afterwards, we walked through central park because i’ve never been to the “famous” places like the mall and bethesda fountain.
we got back to her new apartment and evelyn had plans to spend the entire day at the met museum, which meant i had the day to myself! i visited the gaynor minden store to try on a pair of custom shoes and the size fit perfectly! however, i didn’t have enough money to actually buy the shoes, so i asked them to hold it for me until next week.
since i was in the area, i decided to go to a taco place (los tacos no.1) evelyn’s been raving about. turns out it was in chelsea market, a place i’ve been really wanting to visit! i ordered a quesadilla and was honestly so confused because 1) it was my first time eating/going out on my own, 2) everyone else seemed to know what they were doing, 3) the menu was mostly in (basic) spanish. MUCH CONFUSION. the quesadilla was delicious, but i was still a little hungry. i felt awkward going to order another one because i made such a fool of myself earlier. (i swear, the cashier was giving me the “what are you doing?” look of disdain.)
i wandered around chelsea market and ended up visiting posman books, which was in the marketplace! i saw the sign that said BOOKS and i immediately headed there. i didn’t have enough money to actually buy a book (THE STRUGGLE) so i just wandered and took pictures and people were definitely hardcore judging me but WHO CARES IT’S BOOKS. then, i used the rest of my cash to buy a crêpe from bar suzette creperie. i ordered a honey, almond, and strawberry crêpe, which was alriiiight/meh. i wish i’d gotten some tacos instead. i went home and worked on my algebra ii exam and felt quite accomplished and proud of myself.
the rest of the week
a few things that happened:
- i went to juice generation every day, and sometimes twice a day. i clearly have an (un)healthy obsession with acai bowls and juice in general. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REGRETS. i even got some people in my class obsessed as well lol. although, they’re not as dedicated as i am.
- i finished my algebra ii course!
- we officially moved to the upper west side. as in, we’re now sleeping there and making our commute from there.
- on monday, we took class in the GG studios on the fifth floor of ABT’s buildings and it was kinda terrible because the floors aren’t sprung and super sticky or slippery with no in between. the floors were absolutely awful and i got minor shin splints. the only good thing though is that they’re huge and have a pretty brick wall. we also took jazz class, which was majorly fun.
- on wednesday, we danced on pointe for four hours and my toes were dying very slowly and VERY PAINFULLY. also, we had class in a studio with stick-me-not all over the floors. the purpose of stick-me-not is to make the floors less sticky, but it actually makes the sticky-ness worse. it also got all over my shoes and clothes with a horrible white powder. GREEEAAAT. (seriously, you had one job: don’t put stick-me-not on the floors).
- studio floors are a big deal okay